Pycord is a modern, easy to use, feature-rich, and async ready API wrapper for Discord, written in Python. Pycord is a maintained fork of discord.py.
Before you begin
Pycord is an advanced and complex Python library. To take advantage of the full capabilities of Pycord, you will need to have a good understanding of Python. You should know the basics of Python and have an understanding of the following concepts:
- Data Types
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Exception Handling
This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good idea of what you need to know to get started.
Here are some good resources to get started or to freshen up your Python knowledge:
- Official Beginner's Guide
- Official Tutorial
- Automate the Boring Stuff, a free online book for complete beginners to programming
- Learn Python in y Minutes, complete cheat sheet for people who know programming already
- Swaroopch's free Python book
- Codeabbey, exercises for beginners
We created this guide using Docusaurus v2, a modern static site generator for React. We would also like to thank Danktuary for his
@discord-message-components/react package, from which we took the Discord message components.
And finally, we would like to thank the amazing and loving community of Pycord users, contributors and developers.